Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day 1 NTU Flagship Programme : Pre - Camp + Plenary Sessions

NTU FLAGSHIP PROGRAM 2013 (DAY 1)


Pre-Camp

1. What sounds interesting about the course (Digital Painting)
It sounded very cool and since I'm not really a physics type of guy, I thought why not choose something that I'm actually pretty interested in that is the Arts. I never really got the chances of doing such things and when the opportunity came, I decided to give it a try.

2. What do you think you can learn from this project
I think I'll able to learn photoshopping skills that I'm interested it and I may use it for my future job and profession.

Introduction

Hello guys! Today is the very first day of the Flagship Program. It has been really interesting and I'm having a really great time! We had to report to school today by 7.40 AM and we had to gather into our project groups. We then took a bus to the NTU Campus were we arrive at about 8.30. Upon our arrival, we met at Hall 12 Function Room, receive the necessary documents that we needed and checked into our rooms. My room mate, Xavier, wasn't here for the morning part since he was in school taking a Math Olympiad Exam so I had to collect all his stuff and set up the room by myself but it was ok. After checking in, we had back to the Function Room, had some refreshments then headed of to the ADM Building for our Plenary Session. For the Plenary Sessions we had an opening speech by Prof. Su followed an Introduction to NTU by Prof. Lalit Goel, lastly we had 3 plenary sessions conducted by 3 different Professors. Don't forget lunch xD

Plenary Sessions

1. Earthquake Research on the Coral Reefs of Sumatra - by Prof. Kerry Sieh, Director, Earth Observatory of Singapore
From his session, we learnt how earthquakes affects and influences disasters from happening. We also learnt how Prof. Sieh was able to know when certain Tsunami's happened based on a coral. We got to know that there are 48 GPS Stations around Sumatra!

2. IT for Animation - by Prof. Seah Hock Soon, Division of Computer Systems, School of Computer Engineering
From his session, we learnt how an animation software came out from NTU and that how it benefitted many people. People are able to save more money to create animations rather than using the original and traditional drawing methods that is both time consuming and costly.


3. Innovations Breakthrough in Nano-Science and Nano-Technology - by Assoc Prof. David Butler
We learnt how nano technology has changed the world and how it will affect future generations.



No comments:

Post a Comment